Repeat prescriptions are usually for patients requiring regular treatment for a certain condition.
At Abbots Bromley Surgery, prescriptions are initiated by the GP, but can be arranged through consultation with the nurse practitioner.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are accepted Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 1pm in the following ways:
- Online – please contact our Receptionist or Dispenser and request online access for repeat prescriptions, requesting patient only, we need a valid email address.
- Once you have received your email to register for online, please download the PATIENT ACCESS APP or type in PATIENT ACCESS in your computer and follow the instructions. https://www.patientaccess.com
- In writing – request slips are available at the Dispensary, or in your repeat medication bag. Please complete and leave in the WHITE POST BOX BY FRONT DOOR or by post. PLEASE NOTE If put in request box after 1pm these will not be processed until the next day.
- Prescriptions are ready for collection from the Dispensary after 2 FULL WORKING DAYS of your request.
- Abbots Bromley operates a 28 day repeat prescribing policy.
- Please do not order your medication more that 1 WEEK before it is due.
- Should you require extra mediation or you are in short supply then please speak to the Dispensary Team.
- All Repeat Prescriptions are reviewed regularly by a GP or nurse.
- Your medication should be reviewed annually. Please make a note of the medication review date, which can be found on the prescription request slip, supplied with every repeat prescription.
- Please advise of any changes made by the hospital to your repeat prescriptions or if you choose to stop taking any medication for any reason.
- Do not stock pile unwanted drugs at home – return them to the dispensary on Wednesday PM & Friday PM.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
We can provide prescriptions to a nominated pharmacy of your choice and the prescription will be sent electronically, however please be aware that if you choose this option all of your medication will be sent there including acute prescriptions.